Colin Wu當時想，由於中國出現了一系列產品質量問題，會有國內客戶願意多花些錢購買更安全、更健康的進口產品。然而天不隨人願，他說自己投入的1,000萬元（約150萬美元）幾乎都賠光了。Colin Wu租下的攤位現在只有約六分之一在使用，他正在考慮今年將生意全部停掉。
Colin Wu說，中國政府在幫助進口商開拓國內市場方面也做得不夠。他說希望政府能降低進口稅，這樣他的產品就能具有價格競爭力。Colin Wu說，在加上關稅成本後，他的“兩美元葡萄酒”差不多要賣十美元了。
Charles Shaw is a brand of "extreme value" wine. All from California vineyards, Charles Shaw wines currently include Cabernet Sauvignon, White Zinfandel, Merlot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc,
Charles Shaw wines are affectionately known as "Two Buck Chuck." Due to transportation costs and other factors, in other states the price can go up to around $4. As such, the wine is often referred to as "Three Buck Chuck" or "Four Buck Chuck" relative to the price.
The Charles Shaw label is owned by the Bronco Wine Company, headed by Fred Franzia (formerly of Franzia Brothers wines). The Bronco Wine Company produces the Charles Shaw label at their Ceres, California winery, which is not open to the public.
There once was an actual, eponymous winery owned by Charles F. Shaw, which produced Beaujolais-style wines in the
At the 28th Annual International Eastern Wine Competition, Shaw's 2002 Shiraz received the double gold medal, besting the roughly 2,300 other wines in the competition.
Shaw's 2005 California chardonnay was judged Best Chardonnay from California at the Commercial Wine Competition of the 2007 California Exposition and State Fair. The chardonnay received 98 points, a double gold, with accolades of Best of California and Best of Class.
On May 16, 2008, a 17 year-old immigrant worker named Maria Isabel Vasquez Jimenez collapsed and later died while pruning vines at a vineyard east of Stockton, CA owned by West Coast Grape Farming, a division of Bronco Wine Company.
- "justice for Maria"
- "ensured compliance with state mandated working conditions for all of Bronco Wine’s employees."
- "implement a corporate policy to ensure that your suppliers are not violating the law by failing to provide basic protections"
- ^ Michael Chatfield (November 8, 2004). The story behind Two Buck Chuck. Gilroy Dispatch
- ^ 'Two-Buck Chuck' Snags Top Wine Prize
- ^ The judgment of California: Charles Shaw chardonnay is state’s best
- ^ Wikipedia article: Bronco_Wine_Company#Labor_problems
- ^ California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 3395 
- ^ WOC PhD (pseudonym) Urgent Action: Worked to Death and No One Cares?! WOC PhD blog.
- ^ United Farm Workers (June 23, 2008). Take Action: Farm worker who died connected to 'Two-Buck Chuck'.